Thursday, July 2, 2015

Rock African prints for less

African prints are soooooooo in style. I am feeling it. But the pricepoint? Not so much. As much as I want to celebrate that African designs, prints and fashions are heavily influencing fashion right now, my budget refuses. It says 'no ma'am' to an African print dress for $200 or an African print maxi skirt for $100+ -- I don't care how cute they are. 

You see, the way my budget is set up ...

It just can't. Especially for an item that, while I hope is in style forever, may be out of vogue 5 years from now. See, my trendy has to be thrifty. So I'm always on the hunt for less expensive ways to wear trendy fashions for less.

Which brings to my current find. I found this jumpsuit for $11 at K&G Fashions. Hubby was there buying some Father's Day outfits and I snagged this with a 20 percent of coupon (it was $13.99). I already told you how I shop retail in ADDITION to thrift.

So, this was a special find considering that I've seen similar jumpsuits for $100 and up. Now, it's not mud cloth, but for $11 it will certainly do! It's only about $5 more than what I'd pay for it at a thrift store.






I paired it with my favorite blush nude heels from Steve Madden ($30 from TJ Maxx).

And I'm also really feeling jumpsuits right now. They are a great all season outfit that can easily go from day to night -- and they're super hot. Pair it with a cute blazer or a denim jacket in the fall or rock it solo in the summer with cute pair of stilettos to the Gawds, some dangly earrings and a clutch purse and you're all set for da club -- probably for less than the price of a few drinks and a meal. I feel like I got two trends in one -- the African print AND the jumpsuit.

And again, let me repeat - $11. Can't beat it new. 








No comments:

Post a Comment