Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Why this Bargainista still shops retail

Don't you just love when a thrifted outfit does double duty -- taking you from the 9-to-5 to playtime? I know I do. It's like getting two wears out of the same outfit -- and we already know that Bargainistas didn't pay that much for the outfit to begin with. WINNING!!!


Today's OOTD (Outfit of the day) is no exception, but I did buy the dress last week from Target's BOGO. I do buy retail every so often. Usually at discount or trendy stores like Tarjay, H&M, Ross and TJ Maxx and Marshalls.

Now, I go to retail stores just to see what they have. I find it is a must. And also go to see if I can duplicate what they're selling for new thrift. You see, there is a method to my thrifty.

The fit of this dress was amazing on me (pics don't do it justice). And the color was a bonus. I just love a coral or peach against my skin. So I snagged it. When I find things retail that I fall in love with and KNOW that I will be pressed to find it thrift, I buy, especially when on sale.

Why I always window shop at retail stores 

It can take a few months for things that you see in the stores to actually filter down to thrift (most folks aren't cleaning out their closets now, but will in a few months) stores. Most days, I always wear SOMETHING thrifted. So when I see something I love retail that's a bargain, I'll go ahead and buy it.

This dress was a love. I save enough when I thrift that I can do this. Actually, I returned two items at Target so I walked out the store with this + another dress and I only spent $11 cash out of pocket with the BOGO. Who says you can't do retail? I'd say that was a good deal!

Here's how I wore it to the office:

I paired it with this Forever 21 blazer (Goodwill, $5) and Zara wedges (Goodwill, $6). The blazer made it work appropriate -- or otherwise, I'd look like I was going to a picnic. Those wedges, tho! They are the perfect 'neutral' and will take me from summer to fall. I can wear them with so many things.

And this is why I thrift! Normally, I'm not all that into wedges, but this is def an exception I am willing to make.


And here I added some sandals and a fedora straw hat for a more casual look for a Girls Night Out with my girlfriends. I am feeling the casual look! Sorry, my dog Teddy wanted to take a pic too! He gave his 'woof' of approval! LOL.






No comments:

Post a Comment