Friday, June 26, 2015

Can you guess how much this outfit cost?

It is hotter than hell in Atlanta right now -- 95 degree temperatures. I cannot deal. It's so hot that I can smell thigh meat rubbing together. Whoo, chile! Turn the air up, and Jesus be a fan! 

But guess what I found while looking through pics on my iPad? A KILLER thrift haul at Goodwill from much cooler temps in March. Ba-bay! It was a cold snap that day and I was thrifted to the Gawds, hunty! Why did I not post these pics when I took them in March? So, forgive the leather trench, boots and Michael Kors bag (all thrifted) while you are luxuriating in your bikini and things in June, mkay?

You won't believe how much I paid for this outfit. Summer or not, it's still a killa. Here's a hint: It cost more than $3,750 brand new. But you know I didn't pay anywhere near that price. I paid less than $150! Can you say SCORE!!!! 

And the best thing is, they're all pieces that I will get plenty of wear out of when it turns cold again this fall. And this is why I Goodwill, boys and girls! Lurves it. 

Watch and learn: 

Coat: $60 - eBay (Kenneth Cole leather trench) Retails for $750
Boots: $8 Steve Madden (Goodwill - Johns Creek, GA) Not sure of retail, but let's say $100
Dress: $7 at Ross (Wore as a peplum top, cause the way my body set up ... )
Michael Kors bag: $70 (Goodwill - Alpharetta, GA). Retails for $399.



And finally the piece de resistance:

Necklace: $3.17 Retails for $2,500 (custom made Italian jewelry by Alyssa) Goodwill, Roswell. I almost did a Holy ghost dance and handclap of praise right there in the store when I saw this under the counter at Goodwill. It was right next to the cheap dolla sto' necklaces that look like they came out of somebody's bubble gum ball machine.

I asked the cashier to see it and one feel of the weight of this necklace in my hands and I knew it was legit. I Googled the jewelry designer and sweet Baby Jesus --- no prices were listed, but call for a quote. Hotdamn! After some searching, hubby eventually found the necklace online and the retail price of $2,500.

Trust me, I was ready to open the doors of the the chu'ch and put some money in the Building fund, LOL. 

Now, I would not pay that much for this necklace brand new. But $3! You better believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment