Friday, June 26, 2015

Why I'm quitting Goodwill

Sometimes, I think the pricing folks at Goodwill are smoking meth. Now let me tell you why. Saw these at the Goodwill store in Norcross, GA, for $275.  And I paused. Am I at a thrift store or a consigment store?



I highly suspect these are fake Loubutins. The first clue? Chinese letters on the box (sorry for the bad pics; the pic struggle is real). That was a big red flag to me. Because aren't they supposed to be made in Paris? 

Too much? 
But I just could not see myself paying this for what could be a fake. GW is a thrift store - not a consignment store. There is a difference ... a big one. I know both are businesses. If these were authentic, I might bite (I'd prefer a more classic pump for my money, not a climb the pole type heel). But that's just me. 

For $275, I'd need independent verification ... some papers, some authentication, something. With a consignment store, I'd at least have some sort of recourse. If they were not real, I could at least get my money back or a store credit (hopefully) at the very least.

Goodwill offers none of this. And I am uncertain if they are authentic.

And you just know the pricing clerk Googled these and then priced them. Meanwhile, I got a $2,500 bracelet for $2.92 cents in February. You see ... the way my budget set up ... I have no problem at all rocking a pair of fake Loubies They are about $100 online. I know what I'm getting.

Hell, might even get two pairs.

But paying $275 for these not-sure-if-they're real Loubies? I'd quit Goodwill first.(And you know that ain't happening anytime soon).



No comments:

Post a Comment