Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Thrift OOTD -- Camo, Goodwill style

By Tenisha Mercer
http://BargainistasATL.Blogspot.com

I never know what I am going to wear until the morning. I dress how I feel -- and this morning I woke up and decided to put together a camo theme -- a hot fashion trend earlier this year -- but with my thrift store spin on it, of course.

I bought this Jennifer Lopez for Kohl's tuxedo jacket blazer from GW for $6 over the summer. I held onto it, but now is the perfect time to wear it (remember, Goodwill is seasonal, too). I'll hold onto items for months until I can pull the look off with the right shoes and accessories.

Today was the day. I love the color -- a bright tomato red. Retail: $80 (out of stock on Kohls.com).

I am a girly girl to the core but I love the camo trend, especially when paired with graphic tees and blazers. I love unexpected pairings. So I got these camo jeggings from Wal Mart for $13 on Friday. 
I did not have a good graphic tee to go with it, so I paired it with my $6 clearance top, also from Kohls. 

The belt was $10 at the Express outlet in St. Augustine,  Fla. (last season). And the shoes were $6 at GW. They are a few years old but they are a good neutral and are from Bloomingdale's -- the designer name is rubbed off from my wear.

Total price: $42

While this look is a bit pricier, you can barely get one new item of clothing out of a retail store for what I  paid for my entire outfit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment