Thursday, October 30, 2014

So this happened ...

By Tenisha Mercer
www.BargainistasATL.Blogspot.com

You know how outfits in store displays look great? Well, I was in Forever 21 over the weekend and I was feeling the black and white lapel retro-inspired jacket ($27) just like the one below, styled with a bright pink shirt ($16)  and gold chain ($12) on display. But I wasn't feeling the $60 outfit tag - and that included no bottom.

So you know I had to recreate the look -- thrift store style!

Here's what I paid for my outfit:

  • Jacket (Forever 21) $6 at Goodwill
  • Top (Express) $5 at Goodwill
  • Pants (old) $7, Target Clearance rack
  • Shoes (Bloomingdale's) $6 at Goodwill


Not bad for under $25 - less than the price of the brand new jacket! Note: I still *may* go back and get that jacket. I was on Forever21.com and they are having a 20 percent off sale online and in-store with the code F21FRIEND. The jacket is sold out online, but I saw it at the mall.

Saving money on thrift store clothing allows me to purchase the items I really want.












No comments:

Post a Comment