Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Another Michael Kors steal at Goodwill!

By Tenisha Mercer
www.BargainistasATL.Blogspot.com 

There are days when the Goodwill gods shine down from heaven and pour out earthly blessings.

At Goodwill!
I kid, but no, really. It is true.

Last week was one of those weeks. I stopped at a Goodwill that I rarely frequent  -- I only stopped at this particular one because it was near an appointment because usually it's inconvenient.

I don't even want to think about how much I spent at Goodwill that week (I need a 12-step) but when I tell you it was worth it!!!

Found THIS baby for $69. The clerk had just put it out. I spotted it hanging behind the counter, behind some fake Gucci and busted wanna be Dooney & Burke bags.

Is that Michael Kors? I already wrote about the Michael Kors clutch that I scored for $16 at Goodwill just yesterday.

But this was my very first MK find last week.

My Goodwill adventures

I could barely get it out:

"Is it real?"  The clerk nodded, 'Yes!" I know my purses, and I had this exact one. It's real."

When I tell you I almost did the holy dance inside of that Goodwill!

The leather felt buttery soft. I took a whiff --  that good, unmistakable leathery smell that no amount of polyurethane will ever be able to replicate.

The price tag wasn't there, but I did find this MK card.

The bag was $69. Now, I'm not opposed to paying for quality, but I had just planned on picking up one, maybe two things, max that day.

I had not planned on dropping $70.

But there was no way in hell that I was leaving this Goodwill without this bag.

I knew I'd kick my own ass if I didn't buy it; that's even a good price for a good fake (don't judge me, LOL), and these kinds of deals you simply don't turn down, not in Goodwill.

I did a quick Google search on the bag - $358 retail - The Hamilton Saffiano satchel, at Macy's.

That sealed the deal: This bag was going home with me! I held it, looked at it again, and I bought it! 

Might be fake; doubt it, though. It's my present to ME! 

Top: $12.99, TJ Maxx, Jeans: $10, Target, Shoes: Aldo, $12.99 at Upskate Resale, Necklace: $8, eBay, MK bag: $69, Goodwill 

 











2 comments: